There is a common misconception about the rusted knives that if once knives are rusted, they are wasted, and you can’t use them again for your kitchen work, but as I said before, it is just a misconception and nothing more. If we make a little bit of effort, it is a very easy task to remove the rust from the knives.
There are many ways that are used to remove the rust from the stainless steel knives: one method is very common, and that is to remove the rust with vinegar. Yes, vinegar plays a vital role in removing rust, and vinegar and many other things that can help you remove the rust from your knife available in your kitchen.
Table of Contents
Methods to Remove Rust from Knives
There are many methods available on the internet to remove the rust from the knives, but here we will share only three that work and remove the rust from the knives. So, here are those three methods:
- Remove rust with baking soda
- Remove rust with vinegar
- Remove rust with Lemon Juice
These are the three methods to remove rust now; let’s find out how to apply these to your knives and remove the rust.
See Also: Best Butcher Knife Sets
1. How to remove rust from knives with baking soda
If you have a knife with some light rust stains then that can be easily removed by using baking soda. We have tried to remove the rust with baking soda from the thick metals and the thin metals, and it is more effective on the thin metals than the thick blades. So, if you have a knife with a thin metal blade, then this method is for you.
How to apply Baking Soda to a Rusted knife
We will tell you step by step to apply this on your knife to remove the rust from it.
- First, you have to mix the baking soda and the water and make a thick paste.
- Now apply that paste to your knife and cover it entirely with the paste.
- Make sure that no place with rusty stains remains uncovered with the paste.
- Now go out for at least one hour and let the paste work with rust stains.
- After one hour, take a wire brush, rub it on the blade, and remove the rust stains.
- Now rinse it with the water and let it dry for some time.
- Congratulations you have your rust-free knife again.
2. How to Remove Rust from Knives with Lemon Juice
It is pretty common that when your kitchen knives go through the dishwasher, they start to rust, and after some days, they look terrible and impact your work. There are many methods to remove the rust, but we will remove it with lemon juice. Some people know this method, and some don’t so, let’s show everybody how they can remove the rust with the help of lemon juice.
How to Apply Lemon Juice to remove rust from the knife
We are going to tell you to step by step process to remove the rust from the knife.
- The first step is to take some lemons from your fridge and make juice.
- Then bring a long tube in which the knife can sit properly.
- Now put the lemon juice in that tube and dip the knife entirely into the lemon juice.
- No rusted spot would remain out of the juice.
- Leave it for a couple of minutes.
- There is an acid in the lemon that would loosen the rust from the knife.
- Now take a steel wire brush and remove the rust from the knife, and it would now remove very easily.
- The rust-free knife is ready for you.
See Also: Types of Butcher Knives
3. How to Remove Rust from Knives with Vinegar
In our view, vinegar is the most versatile liquid that is very useful to clean anything you want. It is also beneficial to remove the rust from your knives, and that we would do today. Try to remove the rust from the knife with the help of vinegar. It is a very common method, so most of you might know how to use vinegar, but if you don’t know, don’t worry; we are here to tell you how to remove rust from the knives.
How to Apply Vinegar to remove rust from the knife
Here is the step-by-step process of how you can remove the rust from the blade.
- Take a big bowl
- Pour a good amount of vinegar into the bowl.
- Put the rusted knife in the bowl full of vinegar.
- Leave them for a night and let the vinegar do its work.
- Now in the morning, take a steel wire brush and remove the rust from the knife, and it will remove very easily.
- Now you have your rust-free knife.
There are many ways to remove thrust from your knife, but we told you about three natural ways with the help of which you can remove the rust from your knife. It does not matter if you have done this before or not because we have made a step-by-step tutorial on how you can remove rust with the help of baking soda, vinegar, and lemon juice.
If you follow our article, then you can easily remove the rust from your knife. If you find our article helpful, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family members that might